January 20, 2008

The Offseason

I used to hate the Offseason. Now I really love it. It gives you time to think rationally about how you won, or why you didn't win.

See, I was born in Tampa, Florida. So, I have a thing for sports teams from Tampa (even though I'm a Buckeye). It's tough being a fan for the Buccaneers and the Rays. That's right - they changed their name this off season.

The Rays always suck. Last year they were the worst team in the league, which comes as no surprise. But honestly, they're better than they seem at first glance. First, they play in a tough division. This is like playing a video game on the hardest mode. Why not make it a challenge, right? They also have had terrible managers, owners, and players for the past ten years. However, they've drafted well, built up their organization from a home brew of players and a dash of veteran presence, and they appear to be poised to finally bust torwards a .500+ mark this '08 season. They've really come a long way since a year ago.



But now, it looks like the Rays are turning a corner. They made a flurry of great trades and moves this Off season. They look ready to me, and other teams are started to notice, too. Look out, Yankees of the baseball world - The Rays are finally ready to play. I love the Offseason!

PS - New album is coming along, too. Keep it real...